23 Lessons I've learned in 23 years
(Note: Many of these lessons have been acquired from other sources along my journey, and are not original thoughts.)
1. The first pancake always turns out badly.
2. You don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like you.
3. You always have at least 2 choices, even if you don’t like your choices.
4. Most people operate out of selfish motivations.
5. It’s rarely about you.
6. Soda is evil.
7. “Be kinder than necessary ’cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
8. There’s three sides to every story- his, hers, and the truth.
9. Time doesn’t heal anything- it’s what you do with that time.
10. Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes you miserable company.
11. Everything in your life is your responsibility.
12. You train people how to treat you.
13. There’s always hope.
14. You can always be grateful for something.
15. If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t trying hard enough.
16. You never really become an adult. You just get more responsibility, and become wiser.
17. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it is appropriate is a skill.
18. Google can answer anything.
19. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person.
20. Honesty is always the easiest route. Even if it’s not in the short term.
21. You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
22. Worrying is useless, unless it motivates you to take action.
23. When people show you who they are, believe them.
Thank you to every person I love, have taught me something, or encouraged me along the way.